High quality products and competitive prices make National Public Seating Corporation's
folding chairs, folding tables, and other products the #1
choice for folding seating and storage among schools, churches, government, concert halls, legion halls, and special event hospitality planning companies.
For the home, National Public Seating
products have a wide enough range of uses to span virtually any room such as the kitchen, dining room, living room, bedroom,
den, or home office.
National Public Seating Corporation
is also leading the way in the folding furniture industry in terms of environmental protection.
Protecting the environment is now one of the most important factors protecting the future of the planet and most people are now aware
of the necessity of preserving and protecting Earth's natural habitat in order to ensure the well-being of posterity. Pollution,
especially that related to the over-consumption of raw materials, has reached alarming levels due to our current lifestyle. That is
why National Public Seating
is constantly striving to minimize the consequences of their activities.
At National Public Seating
, the quality of products and the protection of the environment go hand in hand.
As a consumer of raw material, they are committed to the use of pre and post consumer waste (recycled material),
while preserving the high quality standards of our products. Examples of this include:
National Public Seating
- Steel - All of the steel for our products contain 30-40% of post-consumer waste (recycled).
- Corrugated containers - Are made of recycled fiber. 100% total recycled content and 90% post consumer content minimum.
- Plastic - Plastic products contain up to 35% of pre-consumer waste.
- Wood - 100% of wood used for their products comes from non-boreal forests.
- Powder Coating VS. Liquid Finishes - Products are powder coated and are highly protective to our environment. While liquid finishes contain solvents which have pollutants known as volatile organic compounds (VOCs), powder coating contains no solvents and releases negligible amounts, if any, of VOCs into the atmosphere. In addition, most powder coating overspray that does not adhere to the part is retrieved and reused, virtually eliminating the waste commonly found in liquid finishing processes.
- Energy - During November 2008, National Public Seating®, completed a retrofit of all its lighting (over 800 fixtures), to eco-friendly units, saving 135,586 kWh annually. This reduction in energy consumption has an environmental impact equivalent to removing 20 cars from the road, 84 tons of greenhouse gas (C02) and saving 198 barrels of oil annually!
- Air Emmissions - Folding Chairs are manufactured within ANSI BIFMA X7.1 2007 VOC Air Emission guidelines; Criteria #1 – TVOC, Formaldehyde, All Aldehydes & 4–Phenylcyclohexene.
- MAS Certified Green - The entire NPS® Product Line is now MAS Certified Green™, a nationally recognized registered trademark delineating low VOC emitting products in the marketplace so that purchasers and specifiers of those products know that they can earn credits in sustainability programs like LEED, BIFMA’s Level, and California CHP program.
- Solar Energy - As the industry leader in institutional-grade furniture, including portable folding
furniture for lunch rooms, training rooms, etc., & furniture for worship halls, science labs, music
programs, performing arts, cafeterias & others, NPS® continues to trailblaze in setting the standard
for environmental stewardship. In addition to minimizing its eco footprint in the areas of raw material
sourcing, energy consumption & air emissions, NPS® is proud to announce a major solar panel
installation on the roof of its 200,000 square foot factory facility in its corporate headquarters in
Clifton, NJ, completed Summer 2011. Via the installation of a 240KW solar PV system on its roof, we
will offset most of the local utility’s need to burn oil and gas for electrical production in the public grid
and therefore reduce greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere. Since we will be generating 80%
of the electricity that we use with this system, we have cut our carbon footprint significantly.
is committed to providing quality products while preserving the quality of our environment.